Oh no - I said that?
Here are top ten comments made by sports commentators
that I'm sure they would like to take back:
1. Weightlifting commentator at the Olympic Snatch and
Jerk Event: "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria.
I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up
and it was amazing."
2. Ted Walsh - Horse Racing Commentator: "This is
really a lovely horse and I speak from personal
experience since I once mounted her mother."
3. Grand Prix Race Announcer: "The lead car is
absolutely, truly unique, except for the one
behind it which is exactly identical to the
one in front of the similar one in back."
4. Greg Norman, Pro Golfer: "I owe a lot to my
parents, especially my mother and father."
5. Ringside Boxing Analyst: "Sure there have been
injuries and even some deaths in boxing - but
none of them really that serious."
6. Baseball announcer: "If history repeats itself, I
should think we can expect the same thing again."
7. Basketball analyst: "He dribbles a lot and the
opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see
it all over their faces."
8. At a trophy ceremony BBC TV Boat Race 1988: "Ah,
isn't that nice, the wife of the Cambridge president
is hugging the cox of the Oxford crew."
9. Metro Radio, College Football: "Julian Dicks is
everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on
10. US Open TV Commentator: "One of the reasons Arnie
Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final
round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them.
Oh my God, what have I just said?"